Moscato del Molise DOC
This old vine, which was dear to the Popes, has been cultivated in Italy since 200 B.C. and was named Apicia, Apicius or Apianae - according to Colummella and the other Georgics.
A sweet wine with a Moscato taste is obtained from these grapes. This wine has a soft, golden colour with slight amber reflections, a fresh and intense bouquet with characteristic hints of orange flowers and zagara honey. It is an rich wine with strong moscato flavour, with distinct sugary residues but a dry aftertaste.
A wine for “meditation”, it is ideal when served with patès, sweetmeats and ripe cheeses. Serving temperature: 10°-12°C
- Vine Moscato
- Area of production C.da Canarda
- Altitude 200 mt.
- Soil type sandy, clay
- Planting trellis of 4.400 vines per hectare
- Average age of vines 15 years
- Surface area of vineyard 6 ha
- Production per hectare 55/77 q.li
- Harvest end october/november
- Vinification The raisins dried on the plant are cold-macerated. It is slightly pressed to enhance the aromas. It ferments slowly at a controlled temperature
- Malolactic fermentation complete in barrels
- Refining 1 year in steel vats and 6 months in bottles
- Production 8.000 bottles