Biferno Rosso DOC
This cru is made from a selection of the best Montepulciano and Aglianico grapes grown in the Ramitello area of Campomarino.
Full, mellow and velvety wine; with a perfect blend of flavours such as plum, undergrowth and hints of leather and liquorice, deep ruby red in colour with violet reflections.
Ideal with rich dishes, especially white and red meats, game and ripe cheeses. Serving temperature: 18°C
- Vine Montepulciano 80% - Aglianico 20%
- Area of production Ramitello
- Altitude 100 mt.
- Soil type clay
- Planting trellis of 4.400 vines per hectare
- Average age of vines 10 years
- Surface area of vineyard 18 ha
- Production per hectare 90/120 q.li
- Harvest end october
- Vinification maceration in contact with peels for about one month
- Malolactic fermentation complete
- Refining part in barrels and steel vats - 6 months in bottles
- Production 100.000 bottles