Falanghina del Molise DOC
This cru is made from the best Falanghina grapes, which are predominant, and some Fiano grapes, both grown in the Ramitello vineyard at Campomarino.
Straw-yellow in colour, this wine is like a fresh bouquet, with a pleasant and persistent character and hints of ripe fruits, peaches and apricots. It has a dry, mellow, ample and slightly acidic flavour with a slight rear-taste of bitter almonds, which is typical of this vine.
It is a wine that can be enjoyed throughout a meal and is well suited to shellfish, light hors d'oeuvres and a wide variety of fish recipes. Serving temperature: 10°C
- Vine Falanghina 90% - Greco 10%
- Area of production Martarosa
- Altitude 100 mt.
- Soil type clay
- Planting trellis of 4.400 vines per hectare
- Average age of vines 22 years
- Surface area of vineyard 8 ha
- Production per hectare 90/120 q.li
- Harvest october
- Vinification Cold-maceration in contact with peels or 24/36 hours and fermentation in teel vats at 16-18°C
- Malolactic fermentation complete
- Production 20.000 bottles