Tintilia del Molise DOC
Tintilia is a black-skinned grape indigenous to the small region of Molise. It is grown in very small quantities. Tintilia wines tend to a rich, ruby red in color and are full-bodied, with evident, yet soft, tannins.
Because of its low productivity, many Tintilia vineyards had been abandoned and this peculiar grape variety risked falling into oblivion, until recently a select number of quality producers from Molise invested in growing Tintilia grapes and in making quality varietal wines from such grapes.
It's a full-bodied, soft and velvety, with a perfect blend of flavors of plum and undergrowth and hints of leather and liquorice, deep ruby red color with purple hues.
For its structure, it accompanies rich dishes, especially white and red meats, game and aged cheeses. Serving temperature: 18° C.
- Vine Tintilia
- Area of production Molise
- Altitude 300-350 mt.
- Soil type Clay
- Planting Trellis of 4.400 vines per hectare
- Average age of vines 22 years
- Surface area of vineyard 5 ha
- Production per hectare 80 q.li
- Harvest October
- Vinification maceration in contact with peels for about one month
- Malolactic fermentation complete
- Refining part in barrels and steel vats - 6 months in bottle
- Production 8.000 bottles